Morningstar Tristar TS-MPPT-60 MPPT 60 Amp Charge Controller
Morningstar Tristar TS-MPPT-60 MPPT 60 Amp Charge Controller – this is an independent review for Morningstar Tristar TS-MPPT-60 MPPT 60 Amp Charge Controller we have compiled for your reference. Feel free to add your comments or experiences at the bottom of the page.
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
Key Features and Benefits:
Maximizes Energy Harvest
Our TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
• Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
• Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
• Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
• Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels
Extremely High Reliability
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
• No mechanical relays
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards
Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
• Low self-consumption
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability.
Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
• Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages.
Metering and Data Logging
• Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
• Three LED’s display system status
• Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
Customers also viewed
£1,136.83 (inc Tax) £947.36 (ex Tax)
£49.78 (inc Tax) £41.48 (ex Tax)